Search our site

A Wellbeing Assistant can provide you with practical and emotional support to improve your wellbeing. The support costs £18 per hour. You could have help with a particular task that causes you anxiety such as preparing to move, filling in forms, or writing letters, or more regular weekly help such as managing your shopping or going to social events. 

Help with Costs

Personal budgets are part of a way of managing your care and support. This is sometimes called personalisation, and is designed to make sure the help you receive suits you as an individual.

You may be eligible for care if you have needs connected with any kind of disability or illness, and those needs prevent you staying well, looking after yourself, your home or your family; or feeling included in your community. 

To find out whether you are eligible for a personal budget you can have an assessment with a Care Coordinator from the Community Mental Health Team, or a Social Worker from the council’s  social care team. If you need help getting an assessment arranged please ask here: [email protected] and we’ll be able to support you. 

If you are assessed as being eligible for social care, and after you have been means tested to see if you need to contribute some money, they will come up with a budget that must cover the cost of meeting your  needs. That amount of money can be altered if your needs change. 

If you are interested in finding out more or you would like to proceed and arrange for the services of a wellbeing assistant please contact us on:

T: 01371 876641 or complete the form on the right of this page.

Accreditations, Awards and Membership