Working with families
Family therapy came at a time when things were really bad at home. Coming to Mind regularly enabled all of us to have the space and time to listen to one another in a supportive way. It has been a valuable space and experience. We now have a greater understanding of things and are working on improving our family life.
Family Systemic Therapy
It enables family members, couples and others who care about each other to express and explore difficult thoughts and emotions safely, to understand each other’s experiences and views, appreciate each other’s needs, build on strengths and make useful changes in their relationships and their lives. Individuals can find Family Therapy helpful, as an opportunity to reflect on important relationships and find ways forward.
Research shows Family Therapy is useful for children, young people and adults experiencing a very wide range of difficulties and experiences
Family Therapy aims to be:
- Inclusive and considerate of the needs of each member of the family and/or other key relationships (systems) in people’s lives
- Recognise and build on peoples’ strengths and relational resources
- Work in partnership ‘with’ families and others, not ‘on’ them
- Sensitive to diverse family forms and relationships, beliefs and cultures
- Enable people to talk, together or individually, often about difficult or distressing issues, in ways that respect their experiences, invite engagement and support recovery.
We had reached rock bottom,[…] for our daughter. We have been very fortunate to have Barbara and Susie at Mind. Where this therapy is making my daughter much calmer in school and at home, people are noticing the change in her. We still have a long way to go but we now believe we have a positive future. A very big thank you.
Family Therapy: £80 for an 80 minute session with 2 therapists
If you are not sure counselling/therapy is for you
- A telephone consultation can be a really helpful way of exploring further what it is you hope to get out of counselling, the way in which you most like to work and therefore the style of counselling that might be best suited to you
Telephone consultation – up to half an hour telephone conversation with a highly qualified therapist the cost of this is £15.00.
To arrange a telephone consultation please call 01371 876641 or complete the referral form on the left of this page. Consultation will take place within the following 48 hours.
My son and I attended family therapy sessions with 2 lovely ladies at the centre in Bushfair. It was more helpful than any other help we have had, and my son actually said he found it helpful having them to talk to, which was amazing as he has had therapy over the last couple of years and has never said this.
My GP told me to go online and register with Mind (in West Essex) to get some much needed help for my 12 year old daughter. This was one of the best things i’ve done. My daughter found someone to talk to and release her feelings when we were all going through a difficult time. In her words:
I had walked around for a long time with knots of worry in my stomach, now they were gone as I could talk to someone in confidence and release them.
Ford colleagues are running the Great South Run in memory of Jon Davis
We are a group of colleagues from Ford Motor Company that have joined together to complete…
Great South Run in Memory of Jon Davis
Great South Run in Memory of Jon Davis The Great South Run was a key date…
I have suffered from anxiety and depression for many years, and I have overcome many hurdles…