A Wellbeing Assistant can provide you with practical and emotional support to improve your wellbeing. The support costs £18 per hour. You could have help with a particular task that causes you anxiety such as preparing to move, filling in forms, or writing letters, or more regular weekly help such as managing your shopping or going to social events.
A Wellbeing Assistant could help you by:
- Helping you develop the skills and resilience to manage your mental and physical health, to live independently, improve your quality of life and prevent future problems occurring.
- Building and regaining daily living skills – these could include: budgeting, cooking, shopping, managing your home and general self-care.
- Helping you to feel included in your community, generate social networks, and find education, leisure and work opportunities that suit you.
- Support you with building and maintaining relationships that are important to you.
- Offer you practical support with financial, housing and other day to day life skills that help you stay well and independent.
- Promote full choice and control with your life, taking responsibility and restoring hope.
- If you are interested in finding out more or you would like to proceed and arrange for the services of a wellbeing assistant please contact us on:
T: 01371 876641 or complete the form on the left of this page.
Anne's Abseil (1)
Event Date: 05/05/2019
Anne is abseiling down Harlow water tower for her own personal reasons. 'We never know what will be dealt to us in life as we get on with our careers and bringing up our families. We meet those challenges as best we can and are lucky if we have support from family and friends to help us through t
Bath Half Marathon (1)
Event Date: 15/03/2020
I’m not a natural runner and as I write this I can barely wobble around a 5K, but I have taken the plunge to sign up to a half marathon and now I’m committed!
Ben's Parachute Jump (1)
Event Date: 29/05/2019
We would like to support the great work you do and help raise Mental health awareness.
Cycle to Southwold (1)
Event Date: 19/04/2019
In memory of Paul Heales
We are raising money for a worthy cause, raising a glass or two of Adnams to celebrate a great man. It's a social event that people can join in at any time or share a beer with us along the way or at the end.
NCS Static Cycle (1)
Event Date: 18/07/2019
We are passionate about mental health and aim to break the stigma that has been created by others around it. We have chosen Mind in West Essex for our NCS charity because we all feel the need to support those who may not have anyone to talk to, and we have all been affected by mental health eithe
Snowdon Challenge (1)
Event Date: 27/07/2019
After last years terrifying challenge of reaching the summit of Ben Nevis I have decided to put myself through a similar challenge this July.
Walk to Talk (1)
Event Date: 28/09/2019
In September Last year myself and my friends walked 17 miles from Newport to Cambridge.
We raised £1500 for Mind. I want it to be a yearly event.
Mental health affects so many people and it means the world to me to be able to raise money to a charity that is close to my heart.