Personal budgets are part of a way of managing your care and support. This is sometimes called personalisation, and is designed to make sure the help you receive suits you as an individual.
You may be eligible for care if you have needs connected with any kind of disability or illness, and those needs prevent you staying well, looking after yourself, your home or your family; or feeling included in your community.
To find out whether you are eligible for a personal budget you can have an assessment with a Care Coordinator from the Community Mental Health Team, or a Social Worker from the council’s social care team. If you need help getting an assessment arranged please ask here: [email protected] and we’ll be able to support you.
If you are assessed as being eligible for social care, and after you have been means tested to see if you need to contribute some money, they will come up with a budget that must cover the cost of meeting your needs. That amount of money can be altered if your needs change.
Your personal budget can be used to purchase services from Mind in West Essex. The cost of a Mind in West Essex Wellbeing Assistant with mental health experience and training is £15.00 per hour.
We can help you by:
- Helping you develop the skills and resilience to manage your mental and physical health, to live independently, improve your quality of life and prevent future problems occurring.
- Building and regaining daily living skills – these could include: budgeting, cooking, shopping, managing your home and general self-care.
- Helping you to feel included in your community, generate social networks, and find education, leisure and work opportunities that suit you.
- Support you with building and maintaining relationships that are important to you.
- Offer you practical support with financial, housing and other day to day life skills that help you stay well and independent.
- Promote full choice and control with your life, taking responsibility and restoring hope.
If you are interested in finding out more or you would like to proceed and arrange for the services of a wellbeing assistant please contact us on:
T: 01279 421308
Complete the referral form on the left and request a Wellbeing Assistant.
Anne's Abseil (1)
Event Date: 05/05/2019
Anne is abseiling down Harlow water tower for her own personal reasons. 'We never know what will be dealt to us in life as we get on with our careers and bringing up our families. We meet those challenges as best we can and are lucky if we have support from family and friends to help us through t
Bath Half Marathon (1)
Event Date: 15/03/2020
I’m not a natural runner and as I write this I can barely wobble around a 5K, but I have taken the plunge to sign up to a half marathon and now I’m committed!
Ben's Parachute Jump (1)
Event Date: 29/05/2019
We would like to support the great work you do and help raise Mental health awareness.
Cycle to Southwold (1)
Event Date: 19/04/2019
In memory of Paul Heales
We are raising money for a worthy cause, raising a glass or two of Adnams to celebrate a great man. It's a social event that people can join in at any time or share a beer with us along the way or at the end.