Personal budgets are part of a way of managing your care and support. This is sometimes called personalisation, and is designed to make sure the help you receive suits you as an individual.
You may be eligible for care if you have needs connected with any kind of disability or illness, and those needs prevent you staying well, looking after yourself, your home or your family; or feeling included in your community.
To find out whether you are eligible for a personal budget you can have an assessment with a Care Coordinator from the Community Mental Health Team, or a Social Worker from the council’s social care team. If you need help getting an assessment arranged please ask here: [email protected] and we’ll be able to support you.
If you are assessed as being eligible for social care, and after you have been means tested to see if you need to contribute some money, they will come up with a budget that must cover the cost of meeting your needs. That amount of money can be altered if your needs change.
Your personal budget can be used to purchase services from Mind in West Essex. The cost of a Mind in West Essex Wellbeing Assistant with mental health experience and training is £15.00 per hour.
We can help you by:
- Helping you develop the skills and resilience to manage your mental and physical health, to live independently, improve your quality of life and prevent future problems occurring.
- Building and regaining daily living skills – these could include: budgeting, cooking, shopping, managing your home and general self-care.
- Helping you to feel included in your community, generate social networks, and find education, leisure and work opportunities that suit you.
- Support you with building and maintaining relationships that are important to you.
- Offer you practical support with financial, housing and other day to day life skills that help you stay well and independent.
- Promote full choice and control with your life, taking responsibility and restoring hope.
If you are interested in finding out more or you would like to proceed and arrange for the services of a wellbeing assistant please contact us on:
T: 01279 421308
Complete the referral form on the left and request a Wellbeing Assistant.
Bath Half Marathon (1)
Event Date: 15/03/2020
I’m not a natural runner and as I write this I can barely wobble around a 5K, but I have taken the plunge to sign up to a half marathon and now I’m committed!
Hayley's Skydive (1)
Event Date: 20/06/2020
I have suffered from anxiety and depression for many years, and I have overcome many hurdles along the way.
Skydiving is another thing I’d like to do, but this time for a good cause.
I would like to raise awareness of mental health and the impact it has on sufferers and their fa
London Marathon (1)
Event Date: 26/04/2020
Sarah is taking on the iconic London Marathon next year and would really love your support.
Mind in West Essex is a charity I feel very strongly about and am excited to run for. Mental Health affects everyone and sometimes we need just need some support
Walk to Talk (1)
Event Date: 28/09/2019
In September Last year myself and my friends walked 17 miles from Newport to Cambridge.
We raised £1500 for Mind. I want it to be a yearly event.
Mental health affects so many people and it means the world to me to be able to raise money to a charity that is close to my heart.