Keep Growing is a new volunteer project providing opportunities for gardening, and working on a vineyard in a beautiful, peaceful rural setting.
This unique setting provides opportunities for taking part in relaxing outdoor activity all year round with the aim of boosting physical and mental wellbeing.
We’ll be working in a small group and NO previous gardening experience required!
Where and when?
- Bardfield Vineyard and Great Lodge Garden, Braintree Road, Great Bardfield, CM7 4QD
- Weekly on a Tuesday morning 9.30 am – 12:30pm throughout the year
What will we do?
The opportunity to take part in activities on the vineyard, in the garden and inside during wet weather, including:-
- Growing flowers and vegetables from seed and cuttings
- Opportunity to plan, design and create own section of a raised bed in the kitchen garden
- Physical activities such as digging, weeding, raking
- Planting herb boxes/containers/hanging baskets
- Harvesting on the vineyard and in the kitchen garden
- Constructing plant supports
In wet weather there will have talks to learn more about plants and English vineyards. You will also have the opportunity to participate in the open day and other events at the estate.
There are fun loving small dogs and 6 alpacas!
If you think you can benefit from this, please fill in the referral form on the left of this page.
Anne's Abseil (1)
Event Date: 05/05/2019
Anne is abseiling down Harlow water tower for her own personal reasons. 'We never know what will be dealt to us in life as we get on with our careers and bringing up our families. We meet those challenges as best we can and are lucky if we have support from family and friends to help us through t
Bath Half Marathon (1)
Event Date: 15/03/2020
I’m not a natural runner and as I write this I can barely wobble around a 5K, but I have taken the plunge to sign up to a half marathon and now I’m committed!
Ben's Parachute Jump (1)
Event Date: 29/05/2019
We would like to support the great work you do and help raise Mental health awareness.
Cycle to Southwold (1)
Event Date: 19/04/2019
In memory of Paul Heales
We are raising money for a worthy cause, raising a glass or two of Adnams to celebrate a great man. It's a social event that people can join in at any time or share a beer with us along the way or at the end.