Student Counsellor Placement
We are currently recruiting for a small number of voluntary placement counsellors. We enclose our Terms and Conditions for contracting voluntary placement counsellors and invite applications and expressions of interest from candidates studying at the appropriate level.
Students will be required to contribute financially to the supervision and support that they receive through their placement. For a contribution of £50 each student will receive an hour and a half hour individual supervision per month.
Students will be based at both our Harlow and Great Dunmow hubs.
Successful Candidates will be expected to:
- Evidence a Fitness to Practise Certificate signed by course tutor
- Undertake training in IT/client record database IAPTUS
- Adhere to Mind in West Essex policies and procedures
- Sign confidentiality and privacy forms
- Provide an up to date DBS/ pay for us to undertake one on their behalf (the cost to a volunteer is £10)
- Demonstrate appropriate Indemnity Insurance is in place
- Provide evidence of an active student membership of BACP/ UKCP
- Be in ongoing personal therapy
- Demonstrate a commitment to their role and fully engage in internal supervision
- Supply two references
Students will provide:
- up to 12 sessions of low cost counselling to up to 3 clients at any one time
Mind in West Essex will:
- Identify appropriate clients for the students (this will generally be clients with mild to moderate presenting issues)
- Oversee administrative duties when booking initial appointment
- Take payments for the sessions (£15.00 for 50 minutes)
- Provide appropriate therapy rooms for the sessions to take place in
- Provide supervision as detailed above
- Ensure a safe environment for the student/ volunteer to undertake their practise
- Complete training progress forms and associated paperwork (Supervisor reports will be charged at £40 an hour)
- Offer a free place on a MHFA course
We are currently not accepting any applications.