Student Counsellor Placement
Mind in West Essex are currently recruiting for a small number of Voluntary Placement Counsellors. We enclose our Terms and Conditions for contracting Voluntary Placement Counsellors and invite applications and expressions of interest from candidates studying at the appropriate level.
The placement offer will commence in September 2019 and will continue until July 2020. Interviews will take place in July 2019.
Students will be required to contribute financially to the supervision and support that they receive through their placement. For a contribution of £45 per month each students will receive half an hour individual supervision per month and 1 hour group supervision (in a group of 2).
Students will be based at both our Harlow and Great Dunmow hubs.
Successful Candidates will be expected to:
- Evidence a Fitness to Practise Certificate signed by course tutor
- Undertake training in IT/client record database Meganexus
- Adhere to Mind in West Essex policies and procedures
- Sign confidentiality and privacy forms
- Provide an up to date DBS/ pay for us to undertake one on their behalf (the cost to a volunteer is £10)
- Demonstrate appropriate Indemnity Insurance is in place
- Provide evidence of an active student membership of BACP/ UKCP
- Be in ongoing personal therapy
- Demonstrate a commitment to their role and fully engage in internal supervision
- Supply two references
Students will provide:
- 6-8 sessions of low cost counselling to up to 3 clients at any one time
Mind in West Essex will:
- Identify appropriate clients for the students (this will generally be clients with mild to moderate presenting issues)
- Oversee administrative duties when booking initial appointment
- Take payments for the sessions (£22.00 for 50 minutes)
- Provide appropriate therapy rooms for the sessions to take place in
- Provide supervision as detailed above
- Ensure a safe environment for the student/ volunteer to undertake their practise
- Complete training progress forms and associated paperwork (Supervisor reports will be charged at £40 an hour)
- Offer a free place on a MHFA course
We will accept applications up until 31st July 2019. Please note CVs will not be accepted.
Bath Half Marathon (1)
Event Date: 15/03/2020
I’m not a natural runner and as I write this I can barely wobble around a 5K, but I have taken the plunge to sign up to a half marathon and now I’m committed!
Hayley's Skydive (1)
Event Date: 20/06/2020
I have suffered from anxiety and depression for many years, and I have overcome many hurdles along the way.
Skydiving is another thing I’d like to do, but this time for a good cause.
I would like to raise awareness of mental health and the impact it has on sufferers and their fa
London Marathon (1)
Event Date: 26/04/2020
Sarah is taking on the iconic London Marathon next year and would really love your support.
Mind in West Essex is a charity I feel very strongly about and am excited to run for. Mental Health affects everyone and sometimes we need just need some support
Walk to Talk (1)
Event Date: 28/09/2019
In September Last year myself and my friends walked 17 miles from Newport to Cambridge.
We raised £1500 for Mind. I want it to be a yearly event.
Mental health affects so many people and it means the world to me to be able to raise money to a charity that is close to my heart.