Youth MHFA for Schools and Colleges
Youth MHFA for Schools and Colleges has been designed especially with schools in mind. Based on the Youth MHFA course but targeted to meet the needs of educational environments, MHFA Schools will cover key topics around young people’s mental health and wellbeing, with a strong practical focus on how support young people experiencing mental distress. Whilst the course is not a replacement for the 2 day Youth MHFA course, delegates will become Champions for better mental health in schools.
What will I learn about on a Youth MHFA for Schools and College course?
- Why Youth MHFA for Schools and Colleges?
- What is mental health and mental ill health?
- Stigma and discrimination
- The five steps of mental health first aid
- Non judgmental listening skills
- Eating disorders
As a one-day course, it fits perfectly into schools’ inset training days and busy private school timetables, making it accessible for teaching staff across sectors. The session will be a mix of presentation, group discussions and group work activities. Our instructors provide a very safe learning environment and are trained to support you throughout the whole course. If you don’t feel comfortable joining in certain bits, then don’t. We won’t make you do something you aren’t comfortable with.
How can MHFA for Schools and Colleges make a difference?
- MHFA for Schools and Colleges teaches practical skills that can be used every day
- It gives a deeper understanding to the complex issues relating to young people and mental health
- It helps people recognise the signs and symptoms of mental health problems
- It enables a young person to access appropriate professional help
- MHFA England has a proven track record and demonstrates its effectiveness through evaluation.
If you would like to find out more please call 01371 876641 or email on: [email protected]
Anne's Abseil (1)
Event Date: 05/05/2019
Anne is abseiling down Harlow water tower for her own personal reasons. 'We never know what will be dealt to us in life as we get on with our careers and bringing up our families. We meet those challenges as best we can and are lucky if we have support from family and friends to help us through t
Bath Half Marathon (1)
Event Date: 15/03/2020
I’m not a natural runner and as I write this I can barely wobble around a 5K, but I have taken the plunge to sign up to a half marathon and now I’m committed!
Ben's Parachute Jump (1)
Event Date: 29/05/2019
We would like to support the great work you do and help raise Mental health awareness.
Cycle to Southwold (1)
Event Date: 19/04/2019
In memory of Paul Heales
We are raising money for a worthy cause, raising a glass or two of Adnams to celebrate a great man. It's a social event that people can join in at any time or share a beer with us along the way or at the end.