Adult MHFA Half Day
Our half day course is an introductory four hour session to raise awareness of mental health.
It is designed to give you:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
What to expect
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities. We limit numbers to 25 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- An MHFA manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say you are Mental Health Aware
For the full costs please visit our Mental Health First Aid page here.
15th May Bushfair, Harlow
Anne's Abseil (1)
Event Date: 05/05/2019
Anne is abseiling down Harlow water tower for her own personal reasons. 'We never know what will be dealt to us in life as we get on with our careers and bringing up our families. We meet those challenges as best we can and are lucky if we have support from family and friends to help us through t
Bath Half Marathon (1)
Event Date: 15/03/2020
I’m not a natural runner and as I write this I can barely wobble around a 5K, but I have taken the plunge to sign up to a half marathon and now I’m committed!
Ben's Parachute Jump (1)
Event Date: 29/05/2019
We would like to support the great work you do and help raise Mental health awareness.
Cycle to Southwold (1)
Event Date: 19/04/2019
In memory of Paul Heales
We are raising money for a worthy cause, raising a glass or two of Adnams to celebrate a great man. It's a social event that people can join in at any time or share a beer with us along the way or at the end.