Adult MHFA Half Day
Our half day course is an introductory four hour session to raise awareness of mental health.
It is designed to give you:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
What to expect
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities. We limit numbers to 25 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- An MHFA manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say you are Mental Health Aware
For the full costs please visit our Mental Health First Aid page here.
15th May Bushfair, Harlow
Bath Half Marathon (1)
Event Date: 15/03/2020
I’m not a natural runner and as I write this I can barely wobble around a 5K, but I have taken the plunge to sign up to a half marathon and now I’m committed!
Hayley's Skydive (1)
Event Date: 20/06/2020
I have suffered from anxiety and depression for many years, and I have overcome many hurdles along the way.
Skydiving is another thing I’d like to do, but this time for a good cause.
I would like to raise awareness of mental health and the impact it has on sufferers and their fa
London Marathon (1)
Event Date: 26/04/2020
Sarah is taking on the iconic London Marathon next year and would really love your support.
Mind in West Essex is a charity I feel very strongly about and am excited to run for. Mental Health affects everyone and sometimes we need just need some support
Walk to Talk (1)
Event Date: 28/09/2019
In September Last year myself and my friends walked 17 miles from Newport to Cambridge.
We raised £1500 for Mind. I want it to be a yearly event.
Mental health affects so many people and it means the world to me to be able to raise money to a charity that is close to my heart.